In this section, four to six experts are invited to discuss an important current news topic.
In this installment, the six experts consider the question “Should High School Last Six Years?”
Afte reading the three articles, do the following activity in your group.
Your group is the Chicago School Board. You are considering if Chicago High Schools should adopt a six year high school curriculum. Your options are:
- to keep high school as it is,
- to make high school four years with an optional two years that would be the equivalent of community college,
- to make high school a mandatory six year curriculum, or
- some other proposal.
When you decide on your proposal (it must be unanimous), give reasons for your decision based on
- the articles you read and
- your own experience and reasons.
Like yesterday, post your group’s decision to the ‘blog and be ready to discuss it with the class.